PraNet, Prevention of Radicalisation Network
Content and structure
The Master program in “Prevention and fight against radicalization, terrorism and for international integration and security policies” is a post-graduate course lasting one year, aimed at creating the professional skills necessary for those who want to address the issues related both to the study, development and evaluation of social policies for interreligious and intercultural integration, and to the prevention of radicalization and violent extremism, including through the study and application of methods of de-radicalization and counter-terrorism strategies.
THE PROGRAM IN BRIEF
Type of course: Post-graduate – entirely ONLINE
Type of degree: II Level Master Degree (issued by University of Bergamo and valid in EU)
Duration: 1 year equal to 1.535 hours:
395 hours of training in distance learning (August-November)
425 hours of internship/research project
540 hours of individual study
175 hours of final thesis preparation
University credits: 60 university credits
When: August 2020 – September 2021
Deadline for application: 31 July 2020
Is this Master Programme for you?
The course, through a multidisciplinary approach, aims to offer to GRADUATE STUDENTS solid political, legal, social and operational skills, in order to better understand the articulated dynamics of the birth, growth and development of terrorist phenomena, the causes leading to individual radicalization and the consequent subversive strategies implemented by different groups. The Master also aims to provide specific skills for the development of policies of de-radicalization and social inclusion, which can be implemented at national, intercultural and inter-religious level, as main instruments for combating terrorism, radicalization and violent extremism.
- Central public bodies
- International organisations
- National and international research centers (public and private)
- Non-governmental and no-profit organizations;
- The business world, in the role of corporate security officers;
- The personnel of the Defense and Police Forces Administration.
The official language of the course is English.
Eligibility criteria and tuition fees
Tuition fee for the Master Programme amounts to € 6.000. 15 selected students from Azerbaijan and 15 selected students from Algeria will be awarded with full scholarship covering tuition fee.
In order to be eligible, applicants must possess following requirements:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Algeria;
- Should hold earned Master’s degree diploma in a relevant field of study (politics, social science, international relations, communication, languages, economy, history, sociology, etc.).
The availability of further scholarship can be considered on an individual basis.
In order to apply, a candidate student must manifest his/her interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is 31 July 2020.
Students will be notified of successful application on 4 August 2020.
The following documents will be required for the enrolment in the Master programme:
- Copy of the highest degree certificate, legalised by the government authorities of the country in which the degree was obtained accompanied by an official translation into Italian;
- Diploma Supplement (issued by the competent University and prepared using the model developed by the European Commission), if available;
- Transcript of Records (English or French);
- Copy of the passport or an ID Document;
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum (English or French).
Attention: Students who meet eligibility criteria are strongly suggested to start collecting immediately all necessary documentation for enrolment.
The MaRTe Master programme is sponsored within the framework of the PRaNet project (Prevention of Radicalisation Network) financed by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research within the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ 2017/2020 “Strategy for the promotion abroad of the Italian higher education program”.
Call for application:
Further information and useful links
Post Graduate Education Office – SDM School of Management
Telephone: 035-2052.872 | e-mail: email@example.com
For educational information: firstname.lastname@example.org
You want to receive information regarding the MaRTe master program and the PRaNet project?